Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So Amazing!

I would like to share a little story about my daughter Kinley.. Well It might turn out long so Im appolizing now!!
Kinley is such an Amazing little girl, she is so thoughtful, caring and loving. She is always doing things in the right moment.
The last couple of months our home has been very stressful and very un organized. Which I understand has alot to do with me as a mother, the mother always seems to set the mood of the home, if she is having a bad day, then for some reason the rest of the family is to or if the mother is stressed the rest of the family is also, etc etc.
Sunday and Monday were just really bad days for me for some reason, alot has been going on and I took alot of it out on my family which is something I need to learn not to do.
Last night after dinner, we were cleaning up and Kinley says mom what days would you like me to do the dishes? In the hurry that I always am in, I just said I dont know I will think about it.
Right then she runs to the phone calls her dad and says how long until your home? Dad says about 20 mins why? Kinleys says well hurry home cause we are having a family meeting tonight. I had no idea what this was about, so I asked her what this family meeting was about and she said I need to wait until the meeting.
When I was done cleaning up dinner and getting Keston in the bath, I walked into the living room to see three chairs and Kestons bumbo all lined up with our names on the chairs that said where we were to sit, and then one chair in front of us all with Kinleys name on it and a notebook and a pencil and all our names written down on it.
Cody walked in the door and Kinley jumped right to this Family Meeting. She started by saying that we all need to talk and decide what we are going to do as a FAMILY! She asked each of us what chores we wanted during the week that need to be done everyday and then she gave us bigger chores for the weekends. (This is the part that really got me and has me thinking WOW a 7 year old just put our family back together). We all had our turn telling what we Loved about each family memeber and what they do that makes us feel really good and then we also said what really bothers us and makes us feel bad..
Kinley is always asking me what she can do to help and she is always helping and doing things that I dont ask her to do. I notice but I didnt really pay attention to it like I should. She was asking what she could do to help so I wouldnt be so stressed or onry all the time, she said she wanted to help so it could get done faster so I could have more time to be with her and her brothers and play.
My kids are by side 24/7 helping me around the house, so in my mind I guess I think Im spending time with them, they are there helping when I cook, clean, run my errands, and every day things. But we dont do enough of what they want, I feel I play with my kids everyday, while we cook the barbie is sitting next us helping or the cars are everywhere cause the dishes and pans are there hills and mountains to climb. But I really had to think about what Kinley was saying, she is so right how aften do I get down on my childrens level and play or go in there bedrooms and play barbies in there doll house and with the real barbie cars and talk as a barbie, or play cars with Cayson make real hills that arnt with dishes and pans, ones that can stay up longer than half an hour. I dont do this enough where they are getting my full attention, where Im not side tracked or thinking about something else that I need to do.. I really feel bad!!
I know Kin loves me and wasnt trying in any way to make me feel like a bad mother,(but you cant help feeling that way at the moment) she was just trying to get my full attention that she is only 7 but understands how i feel. She told me she understands that being a MOM is really stressful and that is why she trys so hard to be a good daughter and help me as much as she can. (yes this totaly made me cry)!!
When you are put in your place by your 7 year old daughter you just want to go look at your self in the mirror and slap your self until you can t feel you face anymore. How did this happen how did I get so stressed and over whelmed and why did I make them feel like it is there fault?? So many things have changed and you dont even know it!
Im not a very spirtual person, I really try but Im nothing compared to Kinley. She has always been this way, she has such a beautiful personality. She is so what the Lord ordered for me, he new I needed her, everything that she is is what I need to remind me not to get so busy in my life and forget the Important things and people in my life..
Thank you Kinley so much and I will try so hard to always follow what you taught me..
Thanks for letting me share this with you all!!!!

6 comments:

Victoria said...

WOW!!! That was the best story!! What a sweet girl. We can all learn from her!! You will be so glad you wrote that down:)

Mica said...

How sweet! Made me cry too! You are a lucky mama....and so are your kids! They really do have a great mom! It's easy for us moms to get stuck in the daily needs of the family (since our job never ends) that we forget to play and have fun with our kids! Thanks for the reminder....I needed it too! :)

Jaymerz said...

Lucky you to have such a special little girl. She does have an amazing spirit. I needed that reminder too, it is hard when there is so much to do. Big Hugs!!

Becky said...

Brit--that is so sweet! But where would she learn that? From you. You are a wonderful mother-Kinley is proof. I need to hear that also just like everyone else. The only problem is that I think about almost everyday, but just don't do it.

Andrea said...

wow, I love kids they are still so close to heaven and they and can see what we have closed our eyes to.
Thanks for sharing your sweet story and your feelings, Brit, I needed that too.
p.s. tell Kinley thanks!

Charity said...

Brit, thanks for sharing your story. Kinley is really amazing! My calling is in the Primary and I think of my little 7 year olds in there. It makes me realize what an influence these young ones can have on their families. Thanks for sharing.