I spoke to soon, telling every one how good things were going..
Tuesday afternoon was not a good day, Keston passed out on me a few times, and then when Cody got home that night he did it again, so we call the Dr. and he wants to put him in the Hospital until they can figure out what is going on with him..
So at 11 o'clock p.m we pack our things and my Dad comes and stays with our other kids and we head to Cedar.. We get there and they do all this blood work and do x-rays and put him on monitors to watch him for the night, and he never did it again of course..
That morning they still have nothing to tell us why he was doing that, so they do more blood work and another x-ray. In the 2nd x-ray it was alittle foggy, so they think he has some virus but not sure what and we are still waiting for those results..
The only things we have to say why he did that is he has Acid Reflux, but I didnt know there were so many kinds, casue he does not spit up all the time and not majorly like I thought kids did with acid reflux. Anyway they say it is the kind that gets stuck under the little flappy thing in your throat and it sticks to the lungs and then fills up the air way and then it makes him want to stop breathing.
So for the next 48 hrs he needs to be elevated the entire time until the medicine is in full effect, then they say just to elevate him for an hour after eating and it should be fine. They say try this for 3 months and he may grow out of it or he will always do this. So we are hoping he will grow out of this so "Mommy" can get some sleep..
Today it has been going good no passing out and he is eating good and everything, so I hope things say good..

4 comments:
sad.. poor little guy! i'm sorry, that would be hard and scary to have to take him to the hospital! i hope everything else is going good for you guys!
He is such a little fighter. I think that Dr's blame everything on acid reflux, but I know with the girls the elevating really helped. Hope he keeps doing good.
Wow! I didn't know about that acid reflux either. Conner had it but it was the throw up kind. That is scary. I hope he grows out of it too. Conner finally did. I was always so afraid of him choking on spit up because he would do it all the time--asleep or awake. At least you know what to do. Elevating them really helps. We put pillows under Conner's mattress to make it so he slept partially elevated that seemed to help at night a bunch!
AHH!! That is so scary! I hope he is doing better. I am sorry you guys had to go through that.
Post a Comment