
He was so brave and nervous and the same time

On his way back to the surgery room

HOME


Day after Surgery..they did both eyes, the right one was just worse then the left.

The 3rd day

You can see he is feeling much better..hahahaha..... This is what his dad came home to after work.. Cayson changed very quickly!
On April 19th Cayson had eye surgery. He had what is called "Strabismus". Which means his eyes appeared to be crossed, even though they actually were not. The eyes are just misaligned and point in different directions. One of his eyes might look straight ahead, while the other eye turned inward. It wasnt constant with Cayson, it came and went, but it came more then it went.
He had glasses but those were not fixing the problem and they usually dont. The Dr. said that Cayson was seeing in Three-dimensional Images. Like those funny mirrors you see at fairs, where your head is bigger then you body or your legs look a mile long and the rest of you body is short.That is how he was seeing. Now we wait and see if the surgery helped and will fix this. He was so bad that there is chance we will half to go back in 6 months to tighten the muscles again.
He is doing really good so far. We had to buy him UV sunglasses to wear out side all the time to protect his eyes. He cant go swimming for awhile. And that is really bugging him.
When Cayson came out of the Anastetic, he was so mean. He was kicking and punching me and then he would cry when I would leave him. It was sad to watch him be like that for a day.
We are crossing our fingers and hoping that this surgery worked!!

6 comments:
Brit, Taytum had stabismus too. We wer at Lake Powell on a family Vacay and it hit her overnight. I was a mess and on the phone to the pediatrician as soon as we got back to shore.She was diagnosed in June and had surgery in August after her 1st b-day, so it went pretty fast. Her surgery was the best thing we could have done, She was all cleared last spring and only has to go back for yearly opthamology exams. Hope every thing goes great with your little guy! Being a mom sometimes is the hardest job ever!
One of my primary kids had the same thing done about a year ago. I will be praying that it works for him!
Awww--Poor little guy! I hope it works and you don't have to do it all over again. What a sweet boy.
I hope it all works and he doesn't have to go through it again. You are such a tough boy Cayson!!
My Gracie had the same thing. We started noticing hers at about 5 months and it just got worse. She had surgery on her first birthday and every day I was so paranoid that it was not going to stay straight!! I drove myself crazy!! So I feel your pain! I hope it works the first time!
Oh I am so sorry, any kind of surgery is not fun. It looks like he is doing great. You have the absolute cutest little family!!
Post a Comment