Its a big deal when you enjoy eating whatever you want with out reading labels, that is quit nice..
We recently found out that Cody has Crohns/IBD(Inflammatory Bowel Disease), and Celiac.
I have always heard the disease Crohns but never new anything about it. Now we are learning too much about it.
It causes inflammation in the digestive/gastrointestinal tract. And effects the small intestine and/or the colon. Which makes you very sick, major abdoninal pain, fevers, vomiting and major weight loss.
Cody has been sick for so long he says he cant remember what its like to sit somewhere while relaxed(i think he was talking about the mountains) and not have pain in his stomach.
We have started his diet and medication and he is feeling alot better, and gaining so weight!
Hopefuly soon he will have a moment of pain free.
The real scary part of this is. This increases his chances of getting colon cancer if this desease decides to attack his colon more. Which right now it hasnt that much just mostly his small intestine. But just in one day that can all change!
Im sure most of you know a little bit about Celiac, the gluten free diet. This is the hardest change out of both diseases, no wheat, rye, barley and oats.
This means I will be doing alot of cooking!!!
Anything canned is out and only fresh friuts and veggtables, but they need to be steamed not cooked. So everything in my cupboards right now has gluten in it. We are slowly making the change, because gluten is a little costly.
I thought about just making the change for Cody and the kids, but then realized it is much cheaper and easier to switch the entire familys diet.
Im still learning alot about both diseases and will be for some time. The hardest part is just making the change. I think Kinley has Celiac too, but we havent got her test back yet. But with the changes we have made so far, she is feeling alot better.
This is something I need to make everyone aware of that is around my family, cause it changes things for them too when they are cooking for us or having my kids at there house.
I hope that the medication and Diet can help Cody so that he can finaly start to feel better and enjoy life. I know alot of family and friends have kept Codyand my kids in there Prayers the last 3-4 months with all the testing going on. So Thank you Thank YOU from the bottom of my Heart. you really have no idea how much we all appriciate it.
Love you all!

5 comments:
I'm glad that you found out what he has. My brother has crohns as well, it's really hard because he's had it since he was 13 and honestly, I don't know how much longer he is going to live. He doesn't exactly take good care of himself.
When I was working at a vitamin store last year I met someone with crohns and has been taking some different vitamins and feels great. If you want more info I can find it and email it to you.
Darn it! I am so glad that you found out what is going on so that you can get it under control and everyone can get feeling better. I have a friend who's husband has the Celiac disease too. I will ask her what magazine it is that she subscribes to. It has recipes and all sorts of stuff in it. I will let you know.
Darn it! I am so glad that you found out what is going on so that you can get it under control and everyone can get feeling better. I have a friend who's husband has the Celiac disease too. I will ask her what magazine it is that she subscribes to. It has recipes and all sorts of stuff in it. I will let you know.
Darn it! I am so glad that you found out what is going on so that you can get it under control and everyone can get feeling better. I have a friend who's husband has the Celiac disease too. I will ask her what magazine it is that she subscribes to. It has recipes and all sorts of stuff in it. I will let you know.
That really stinks!!! But I kinda know how ya feel! I decided to do Dr. Christopher's mucusless diet because all my kids kept getting sick (pneumonia, strep ear infections, ect...) and I was sick of it! We had to cut out dairy, red meat, sugar, flour, anything processed! We did it for about 6 months (till I got pregnant with Shaelynn) then fell off the bandwagon...lol! But we all felt really great when we were eating so healthy! So even though it's hard, there will be rewards for doing it! Good luck! :) If you don't have a vita-mix, I suggest getting one! We are kinda back on our diet since I am trying to get rid of a yeast problem! We should share recipes! I'm always looking for good healthy ones! Hope he gets feeling better quickly!
Post a Comment