March 4th 2009 1:57 a.m
7lbs 19 in
We had a rough start with this little guy. He came deciding he didnt want to breath. I havent seen him without any tubes yet, so I cant wait until that day..
As soon as he was born they took him away and got him on oxygen and a tube down his throat to help with all the sticky yucky stuff that was holding his lungs together.
The next day he just wasnt getting any better, he was actually getting worse.
Cody and I prayed alot and had a strong feeling that he needed to go to St.George.
So we talked to the DR. and he felt the same thing. So later that day they Life Flighted him to St.Georges NICU, which is compared to Primary childrens..They had to put a tube down his throat that would breath for him cause he was so tired from trying to take every breath he could in cedar. He got that taken the next morning
With in a couple of hours being there he was doing great.
After taking some blood work they also figured out that he had pnemonia, so they started meds for that, plus he has Respitory Distress, and from not breathing right off the bat his chest is caved in right inbetween is rib cage.
We did not get to hold him util he was 3 days old. that was the hardest part of it all, was sitting there not being able to hold him. Plus I didnt feel like his mommy, cause all these other people were taken care of my baby why we just watch. Until the day we could hold him and change his bums, we were so excited for that day.
Every Day he did something new that would get him home sooner. They told us to plan on at least two weeks, staying in the NICU, and we were only there 6 days. thanks to his daddys blessing and everyones prayers, he faught his hardest to pull through this..
We got home Tuesday evening, he had to come home on oxygen, and will be on that for about a month, but that is ok cause he is HOME!!!
We love you big guy and you sure are a fighter.
cant wait to see what you look like without stuff on your face..
Love You Keston


This was in Cedar, Oxygen,mouth tube, Iv
Life Flight crew, they were awesome. the ladies were also nurses at the NICU..









9 comments:
I have been waiting for a post. I can't believe he is doing so good, that is so awesome. I guess that means he's a fighter like his dad. I can't wait to hold him but well give you a couple of weeks with him. Then watch out I will want really bad to hold him, if you'll let me.
he is so handsome congrats
Oooo-poor little guy. I am sorry you had to go threw all that. He is way adorable though. Usually new born babies are not super cute like him and they all look the same, but that first photo-he is super cute!! Congrats Curtis family. I am glad to hear he is home with you. His name is way cute too. Seriously though-he is way cute-!!! I love his hair. CONGRATS!!!
I can't believe how strong you are! I'm glad that he is home with you. You are in my prayers!!!
love you!
Wow Brit that is one tough birth, glad he is a fighter and is doing much better. Hugs to you guys, we will keep you in our prayers!!
I am so glad he is here and doing better, I am sorry for all you guys went through. He is adorable, I still can't believe all his hair. Good Luck and enjoy him while he's tiny..... they grow fast.
WOW! Seeing your pics brought back too many memories of our own! Thank goodness for the knowledge of Dr.'s, great nurses and most of all prayer!! One thing for sure is that when they fight in the beginning, they don't quit fighting the rest of thier lives! Glad that your home and all is going better! Good luck and Congrats!
So glad he is doing better! These babies are such a blessing. What trials and scares they bring.
WOW... you have been through a lot!! I am so glad to hear that things are improving. How wonderful to have your little one home!! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment